Our aim is for our clients to enjoy quality coffee, just as we do, and for hostelry staff to serve the perfect cup in their establishments. We believe training and a high degree of coffee knowledge and the many ways in which it can be prepared are the key to developing the future of hostelry.
That is why at Cafés El Criollo we have been promoting a coffee culture via various initiatives, among which are being one of the promoters for the 1st Baristas of Aragon Championship and a founding member of the Baristas of Aragon Cultural Association (ACBA). This is aside from creating our Baristas School and other training, tasting and talks which we undertake on a daily basis for hostelry workers and for anyone who is interested in finding out more about coffee.
At Cafés El Criollo, we offer specialised training about the world of coffee to hostelry workers. The classes combine theory with practice. Classes are given in Spanish.
Workshops are taught by Roberto Chueca, recipient of the Q Grader international certificate for specialist coffees awarded by the Coffee Quality Institute (CQI- Coffee Quality Institute), which in practical terms makes him an international taster for the classification and description of speciality coffees under the commercial and quality criteria standardised by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA).
Courses are organised according to demand and cover topics such as:
- Green Coffee: : botany, Arabica vs. Robusta, cultivation, cherry, harvesting and fertiliser.
- Green Coffee Trade: Main countries, green coffee, coffee roasting and torrefacto.
- Roasted Coffee
- Caffeine & Decaffeinated
- Coffee catering: Espresso Coffee, mixture of coffees, the water, temperature & pressure, the grinder, the cream, the cup etc.
- What is a barista?
- Operating and maintaining an espresso machine.
- Operating, regulating and maintaining a coffee grinder.
- Distinctive parameters: machine breakdown vs. poor fitting.
- Practice creating the perfect espresso.
- Cappuccino and milk emulsion. Introduction to Latte Art.